Monday, August 02, 2010

Jewelry organization

I've been searching for a good way to organize my jewelry. Not surprisingly, I'm on the hunt for something that's a little unconventional.

In the past I used this tiered tray that I created out of some upcycled plates and glasses, but last year I decided I needed it for my booth displays at GLAM and Atomic Holiday Bazaar.

Since then, I've been using a silverware organizer. It's not bad, but my necklaces keep getting tangled.

I'm thinking this nuts and bolts organizer that was featured on Apartment Therapy would be just the ticket. Everything would still be relatively visible and easy to get to, but it would still be tidy.

What about you?  Do you have a unique solution for keeping your jewelry organized?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't have enough jewelry to have to organize it beyond throwing it all in a wooden jewelry box. But I had bookmarked this video last year and I'm glad I found it... you may find it helpful. Enjoy! http://www.youtube.com/user/GiannyL#p/search/1/qOuW6WKgliE

Kim Taylor Kruse said...

Hey, thanks! That's a great idea for organizing earrings.

reSPACEd said...

What about taking a vintage letterpress tray, sawing it down to fit the inside of a drawer and sorting all your jewelery into that? You could even make two such organizers and have them stack on top of each other in the drawer, so long as they both had backs to them.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin