Thursday, October 18, 2007

Tiered tray


Here's a preview of my November column for The Satellite I figured that with the holidays coming up, it would be nice to do a project that related to entertaining.

I created three tiered stands from an assortment of glassware purchased at a thrift store. I think I paid less than ten bucks for all of the pieces you see here, plus a few I didn't use. The contact adhesive cost maybe four bucks.

  1. Start with a glass pie dish and glue on a champagne glass (the short and wide kind, not a flute) using a strong contact adhesive. I used one called "Welder." Remember that contact adhesives need to be applied to both surfaces and allowed to dry briefly before the two parts are joined.
  2. Keep attaching plates and champage glasses until the tray is the height you want. That's all there is to it!
I actually don't plan to use these tiered stands for entertaining. Instead, I plan to use them as unique jewelry organizers in my bathroom.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are beautiful! Thanks so much for leaving a comment so I could check them out. I have a whole slew of glass dishes to play with - it's so fun seeing what you can come up with!

Anonymous said...

I bet the chocolates and the biscuits cost more than the materials! well done. My concern is how do you wash the damn thing?

liz

Kim Taylor Kruse said...

Hi Liz -- Indeed, the treats did cost more than the supplies! I think I paid less than $5 for the glassware and then used some contact adhesive I had on hand.

It won't fit in the dishwasher, but you could hand wash it in the sink.

Kim

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin