Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Etsy finds -- neck warmers

It's still winter, and you know what that means -- it's still cold. I blogged about wrist warmers last week, and this week I'll be featuring neck warmers. I'm partial to these mini-scarves because they're enough to take the chill off on a brisk Florida morning (yes, it drops below freezing here!), but they're small enough to tuck in your bag if it warms up by afternoon.

Since Valentine's Day is just around the corner, I thought it would be fun to feature pink and red neck warmers. Keep in mind that if you're doing your own search on Etsy, you can also try searching for the term "scarflette."

This rolled rose scarflette from Cherished Vintage is right up my alley because it's made out of an upcycled felted sweater. I'm not normally a roses kind of gal, but I just love the sculptural look of these roses as they wrap around the neck.


The color on this New Orleans French berry scarf by Crochet Couture is so yummy that I could just about eat it! Plus it's cleverly designed -- you can wear it several ways.


And this vintage inspired ascot necktie by YarnCoture is sooooo classic. Can't you just see it with a belted trench coat and a cute pair of pumps? And yes, YarnCoture was also featured last week. Can I help it if she has so many cute things?


For a more modern look, try this tentacle wool knit cowl from bridget7187. I really dig the architectural shape of it, and it would easily dress up a simple knit top. I think I also like it because it reminds me of a fabulous cowl-neck sweater that my used to wear when I was a kid. I remember it being her special date-night sweater, and she always looked so pretty in it.


How darling is this felted wool owl scarflette by Rachel Herzog of TickleWorm? Of course I'm in love with it because: A) it's made out of an old sweater; and B) it has an owl on it. Sheesh. Am I that predictable? Don't miss the other cute items made from recycled sweaters that Rachel has for sale in her Etsy shop.


And finally, this "Love in Your Hands" scarf is made by Tatiana Agapcheva of TianaChe. She uses a wet felting technique to turn wool roving into amazing creations. I just love her peacock feather and strawberry fields neck warmers. Tatiana's work has been featured a number of times on Etsy's front page -- something I know I strive for!


Tune in next week for a quick how-to on making your own scarflette from -- what else -- an upcycled felted sweater!

4 comments:

YarnCoture said...

Wow!! What a beautiful collection! I'm sooo honored to be included here...thank you so much!

Best Wishes,
~Yarn~

TianaCHE said...

Thank you so much for including my work! Wonderful finds!

Tickleworm said...

Thank you for including me! These are all so beautiful! :)

SimaG Jewelry said...

B E A U T I F U LL L !

Love them all.
Thank you for sharing.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin