Monday, February 08, 2010

SYTYC -- Week 1 wrap-up and Week 2 "Under $5"

What a busy weekend! The first week of "So You Think You're Crafty" wrapped up on Friday. The winner was Kalleen with her "Tag Wallet." You can read her tutorial here. I have to say, if I didn't vote for my own project I totally would have voted for hers. It reminded me of another project I'd seen made from old labels --this amazing smoking jacket that appeared on an episode of Antiques Roadshow.



Getting back to SYTYC, did you guess which project was mine? It was a little bit retro and a little bit modern, just like a lot of my projects. Did you guess yet? It was the creative journal made with aluminum covers and a coptic stitch binding. If you haven't ever had a coptic stitch journal, you're missing out. They're great because they lie totally flat when you open them, which is perfect for artsy types.


If you're interested in making your own coptic stitch journal, check back later for the tutorial I'll be posting. I had hoped to have it up by this morning but I was too wrapped up in the Super Bowl last night. I'm still pinching myself that the Saints won! Who Dat?!

In the meantime, swing on by the SYTYC site to check out the fun projects for Round 2 -- "Under $5." There are some pretty creative projects up there, and all of them are cheaper than a venti latte. I like that! As usual, you can vote using the poll in the right sidebar.

And the most exciting news of all is that my sister is delivering her babies today! Her official due date is next week but they decided to schedule her for a C-section for today. I guess the twins were ready to come out! On Saturday they got 24" of snow at their house, which is on the outskirts of Washington, D.C. She called the hospital yesterday and they said the roads are clear, so it sounds like everything's on track. So exciting! I'm still giddy that I'm going to be an aunt. I guess this gives me an excuse to get started on some cute baby crafts.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yeah looks so fun! I am glad you made it on too...it's kind of nerve racking!!! It's hard to wait the whole week to have your tutorial up after the winners...it's driving me crazy!!! Mine is ready to go first thing next monday...but kalleen's wallet was darling!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin