Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Etsy finds -- burp cloths

I've spent the last several days visiting with my beautiful new nephews. I helped out with a number of feedings and diaper changes. Even though I got peed on, thrown up on, and wailed at, I completely fell in love with them. They are absolute angels! My sister and her husband are so very blessed. I found that I could sit for hours just watching their little faces -- they have so many different expressions already. And it seemed like every day they looked a little different. I swear that the smaller twin put on a little weight in the short time I was there. It really is amazing how quickly they seem to change.

Given the week's activities, I couldn't resist picking burp cloths for this week's Etsy finds Wednesday. As someone who ended up with spit-up all down her back after a burping session, I can't stress enough how important a good burp cloth can be!

My sister had a few burp cloths from Orange Peel Baby, much like these burp cloths. They are made from super absorbent cloth diapers with a stripe of cute fabric running down the middle. These cloths have stripes of minky and Amy Butler fabrics. If you want to look good while burping babies, this is the way to do it!

Orange Peel burp cloth

But maybe you prefer silly over sophisticated. If that's the case, check out this darling sock monkey baby set from doodlesprouts. It includes three burp cloths, a lap blanket, and a little hat. Too cute! And I really like that she encourages folks to find a good use for her products after baby outgrows them.

doodlesprouts burp cloth

Did I mention that sets make great shower gifts? This rocket ship set from More Cookies Please would be a great gift for a little boy. I also love the cute soft blocks that she has in her shop. The little ribbon tags are perfect for little hands to grab.

More Cookies Please burp cloth

As I quickly found out this week, it's important for burp cloths to be absorbent. This cotton chenille burp cloth from DancingKat definitely fits the bill. And the brightly colored zoo animals are just darling.

DancingKat burp cloth

Finally, any post of mine wouldn't be complete without a repurposed item. TotRags makes terry cloth burp rags out of repurposed hand towels. So clever! She also donates $1 from every sale to cancer research. How can you not love an Etsy seller who does that?

TotRags burp cloth

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin