Monday, February 22, 2010

SYTYC Week 4 -- "Retro"


Today marked the start of Week 3 over at So You Think You're Crafty. I was excited that the theme this week is "Retro," and am super pleased with what I came up with. It's also really cool to see how everyone came up with their own interpretation of the theme. Don't forget to cast your vote by Friday!

Week 3 wrapped up strong with Sarah's reusable lunch sandwich and snack bags garnering the most votes in the "Kitchen" challenge. You can check out her tutorial here. And did you guess which project was mine? I hope I didn't throw too many of you off with the description I wrote. I just thought that the towel would be great for folks with kids, even though I don't have kids of my own.

And speaking of both tutorials and kids, there's a good reason that I have yet to post my coptic binding tutorial. It's because I'm spending time visiting my sister, her husband, and my brand new twin nephews! They are incredibly adorable and I feel so lucky that I get to spend this time with them. And it's also nice to know that I'm able to help out my sister and her husband, since it sure is a lot of work raising twins!

I promise to post the tutorial soon, and in the meantime encourage you to head over to So You Think You're Crafty and check out the fabulous retro projects. See you soon!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin