Monday, August 31, 2009

Rrrowr! Who knew a T-shirt could look so good?


Recycled T-shirt corset
Originally uploaded by sassycrafter
Some people are coming back from summer vacation, but I'm apparently returning from a blogging vacation. I feel bad that I've only posted a few times this summer. What can I say? That people in my family died? That my house is falling apart? That my job ramped up in intensity? Sure, but that's not the point. The point is to bring you fun, fresh ideas from the crafty corners of the world. So without further ado...

I visited my friend Jen at Saturday's Mamaw Menagerie and saw her cool cycling-related creations. I had seen her reflective ankle cuffs/garters before (and proudly sport one on my evening rides), but this was the first time that I had seen her amazing corset tops made out of recycled T-shirts (see picture). They're inspired by the T-shirt corsets that Natalie Chanin features in her fabulous book "Alabama Stitch," but they include a few unexpected twists.

Recycled T-shirt corset

Jen specializes in unique apparel and accessories for cyclists, and the corsets feature reflective trim both front and back and handy jersey pockets in the rear (cleverly made from the old T-shirt sleeves). As Jen says, "Be safe. Be seen. Be sexy."

For more information, visit Jen's website: http://www.cotterindustries.com.

Jen's business cards

On a fun note, the card table in this photo is one of my past projects. I sold it to Jen at the inaugural Mamaw Menagerie in 2007.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin