Friday, June 17, 2011

Update on classes

Many of you have been asking about when my next sewing classes will start. Rest assured -- I have a few exciting possibilities up my sleeve that are just waiting to reach their fully baked perfection. To me it's worth it to take a little extra time now to polish the classes so that they'll be smooth and enjoyable experiences for you when you sign up to take them.

Image from Flickr user TillyVanilly
And speaking of classes, I'm actually taking a class right now! I saw on Whipstitch that Deborah Moebes was offering an online class called Beginner Patternmaking. I've created a few easy patterns over the years, mostly for handbags, but have little experience drafting apparel patterns. I thought it would be great to expand my knowledge base so that I could hopefully pass along some of what I learn to my own students.

Plus I had a hunch that taking a class from Deborah -- even online -- would be a real treat. I had the chance to meet her in person a year ago. She is truly one of the most down to earth and friendly people that you'll ever meet. She also has a strong business savvy, which is something I really admire about her. And she's incredibly good at what she does, namely empowering new sewists to conquer their fears and get sewing! In fact, she recently published a few really good blog posts on this very topic (You. Can. Sew. and What You Bring to the Table). If you have an interest in sewing, it's definitely worth checking out her blog.

And while you're exploring, don't forget to swing by her online fabric shop for some amazing fabric. In case you're wondering, I don't earn any kickbacks for sending folks there. It's just that I adore her shop and can't stop raving about all the beautiful fabric she carries. My current obsession is amazing jersey fabric. Maybe I'll buy some to use for the T-shirt we'll be drafting in class. So tempting!
Seaweed wrap knit available at Whipstitch Fabrics

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin