Monday, February 21, 2011

Zippy post

I'm getting ready for the sewing class I'm teaching on Wednesday evening: "Make a Zippered Bag."



I keep a stash of supplies on hand, so I have most of what I need. But this time I have seven people registered, so I may need to run to Jo-Ann tomorrow for a few final things.

My hubby was kind enough to let me use his iPad as I was cutting the fabric for the kits. I loaded the project sheet on it so that I'd have all the measurements at my fingertips. So handy!

And speaking of cutting, I was super duper careful working with my rotary cutter after hearing what happened to a friend of mine this weekend. She dropped her rotary cutter on her foot and had to go to the hospital for stitches. Can you imagine? Ouch! I've always had a fear of sewing over my finger, but I'd never so much as thought about this potential horror. She's doing okay now, so that's good.

Well, I'd better get all these bits and pieces cleared off the dining room table before it's time for bed. Take care!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

Liz Noonan said...

I'll be honest - I am PETrified of rotary cutters! I almost always use my regular ones, I'm a huge wimp, lol!

Glad to have found your blog!

Kim Taylor Kruse said...

Thanks, Liz! I'm looking forward to following your blog too.

And speaking of rotary cutters, Deb Moebes of Whipstitch just posted this hilarious but also serious reminder about using them safely:
http://whipstitchfabrics.com/blog/public-service-announcement-rotary-cutter-safety/

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin