Monday, May 10, 2010

ART in ATL

We're on our way back from a trip to the Pacific Northwest. We saw lots of cool gardens, and I also made a few creative detours that I'll blog about soon. For now, I wanted to share a few photos of the great art that we stumbled across on our outbound layover in the Atlanta airport.

This shadowbox is the one that first caught my eye. It had a definite Joseph Cornell feel and incorporated two of my favorite materials -- maps and bowling trophies. So cool.

As I looked around, I realized that gate had a number of other pieces by the same artist. I didn't see any information on the artist at the gate, but a Google search revealed that it was the work of Vicki Ragan.

Public art in the Atlanta airport

Public art in the Atlanta airport

Public art in the Atlanta airport

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin