Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Etsy finds -- goodbye gray!

No matter how you spell it -- gray or grey -- I think most of us are tired of the gray of winter. Thankfully, spring seems to be arriving here in my neck of the woods, so I thought a "goodbye gray" theme would work well for this week's Etsy finds. But even if we're tired of winter, we ought to remember that gray is a lovely color for fashion. I especially love contrasting it with raspberry colored items. So yummy!

First, let's look at this romantic wrap top from Lirola. I've been on a cotton jersey kick recently, so this one's a natural pick. I just adore the ruffles -- so feminine. Speaking of ruffles, the neckline on her secret garden dress is decked out with beautiful ruffles. And if gray isn't your thing, she offers all her items in a range of other fabric colors.


I liked this strap wrap chameleon shrug from malam for its deep, steel gray and for its versatility. If you click through to the listing, you can see that the model is wearing it several different ways. Very cute.


And here's another versatile top, the tattoo inspired Kiku flower wrap from namu. It can be worn as a wrap top or as an open cardigan with the longer sides hanging down.


And finally, here's a unique wrap skirt that's made out of a sweatshirt by RebeccasArtCloset. She uses felted sweaters for a lot of her applique work (like in this top), so naturally I wanted to feature her.


That's all for this week!

3 comments:

Mollie Ann said...

Oooooh, love these sassy, classy greys! Beautiful post!
:) Mollie

ashley lara @vivalafashoin.blogspot.com said...

Sassy Crafter!! I love that wrap gray dress! Did you ever end up making it? I'm going to have to come to one of your workshops one of these days.

Anywho, I've finally created my own personal blog, so come have a look! I love connecting with local Gainesville fashionistas/artists like yourself!

xx ashleylara

http://vivalafashoin.blogspot.com

Kim Taylor Kruse said...

Thanks, ladies! And ashleylara, congrats on getting your blog up and going. I checked it out and love the little outfit vignettes in the posts.

Kim

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin