Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Etsy finds -- men's wallet

Before Christmas, I was on the hunt for the perfect wallet for my boyfriend. I had hoped to make one from scratch, but I was running out of time. I figured if I couldn't make one myself, the next best thing was to find a handmade wallet on Etsy. After sorting through a number of wallets that were schlock, I found RAGGEDedge Gear.

sailcloth wallet
RAGGEDedge Gear is a mother and daughter team that makes wallets, bags, and other items out of sailcloth. I really liked their products because they seem both rugged and sophisticated at the same time. And the sailcloth was perfect because it evokes the feel of fiberglass and carbon fiber--two of those geeky materials that guys always like.

sailcloth wallets
I ended up selecting a graphite-colored wallet for my boyfriend since I thought it would work in all settings. He loved it and immediately transferred the items from his old wallet. Yay! It seemed a wee bit stiff, but he's been carrying it for almost a month now and it's breaking in beautifully.

They also have neon orange, neon yellow, bright blue, and hot pink wallets available, if you prefer a livelier look. The wallets are available in both bifold and trifold styles and are super durable. And if they get dirty, just throw them in the dishwasher. Seriously.

sailcloth laptop sleeve
RAGGEDedge Gear also makes cool padded laptop sleeves that are both waterproof and TSA-approved. I might need to send them the dimensions for my 17" PowerBook and have one custom made. They're way cooler than the sleeve I'm using now.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin