Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Crafty exaltations!

I have some truly exciting news to share. The Craft & Hobby Association recently sponsored an Indie Craft Contest searching for 30 indie crafts to highlight at the upcoming winter convention (details here), and my atomic eggbeater clock was one of the projects selected!

They want me to send my project and some promotional fliers, but it sounds like they'd also be receptive to me attending the show and possibly doing a demo. Woo-hoo! 

It would probably be expensive for me to get out there, but I'm thinking that there's no way I CAN'T go. I mean, what an amazing opportunity. 

Last year's show had more than 16,000 attendees. I could rub elbows with all of the crafty celebrities I love. I could take some of the fabulous workshops being offered by the top names in the craft world. I could also network with reps from various craft companies and publishing companies. Heck, I've been talking about writing a craft book for a few years now--what better way to pitch my ideas than in person?

I need to call my friends who live in L.A. and see if their offer to stay with them any time still holds. I need to check flights on Southwest and the other airlines to see how much airfare will set me back. I also need to call my best friend from Oregon who, in an ironic twist, had arranged to see me in Florida at the tail end of a cruise she's taking that same week. So much to do!

Oh, and did I mention that I need to recreate the clock? I already sold the one that's pictured. Oops. 

Well, time to stop blogging and get busy on all these things I need to do. Whew!


atomic eggbeater clock

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin