Wednesday, January 18, 2012

What's new in 2012

Where did the last three months go? I can't believe that the last time I posted here was October! I was consumed with getting everything ready for the annual holiday craft show I organize and scheduling classes over at Sew Make Do.

I'm happy to say that GLAM Indie Craft Show was a hit again this year. We moved the show to Villa East, a venue that has a cool NYC loft vibe, and everyone really loved it. It was the first time we've done a mix of indoor and outdoor spots, and that seemed to work out well. Several of the vendors even told me that they had their best sales ever. It makes me so happy that I'm able to help these artists and crafters make money doing what they love to do!

KMS Designs at GLAM 2011
I've also been spending a lot of time at the Sew Make Do teaching beginner sewing classes and hosting Open Sewing. This Saturday I'm holding a grand opening party from 7pm to 10pm. If you've been curious about the studio, it's a great way to come check out the space and learn more about the classes we offer. We'll have beverages and light bites for you to enjoy. Plus we'll be holding a drawing for a sewing class, so there's a chance you could even get to take a class for free. Please feel free to drop on Saturday evening. We'd love to see you!

Teaching class at Sew Make Do (photo by Kristen Bartlett Grace)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin