Monday, October 19, 2009

Big show, small details

So who's been watching Project Runway season six? I'm pretty much hooked on the show and enjoy seeing what the designers come up with every episode. Sure, they don't make many things that I'd actually make/wear, but occasionally I see a few ideas I could use -- like this one from episode nine in which the designers were supposed to come up with an extravagant stage look for Christina Aguilera.

I absolutely loved the way that Christopher used a piece of tulle to add depth and interest to a simple white button. I'm thinking I might have to try this on one of the felted flower pins that I make. I'm hoping that it will give me better results than it did for him, since he was the runner-up for being auf'ed this week.

What about you? What are your favorite design details from Project Runway?

Felted flower pin

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin