Friday, December 05, 2008

Buy handmade this holiday season

With the holidays just around the corner, thoughts turn to the presents we'll give to friends and family. This year, skip the stores and instead support local artisans. You can even sign the handmade pledge and join the more than 25,000 other like-minded individuals who have pledged to buy handmade.

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org


If you live in Gainesville, be sure to stop by and see me at the Handmade Holiday Bazaar this Sunday from noon to 5 p.m. at Loop de Loop (205 NE 16th Avenue). I'll be selling my wares alongside nearly 20 other vendors who'll have everything from jewelry to skull-themed Christmas stockings. It's bound to be a blast.



I'll also have a booth at the Atomic Holiday Bazaar in Sarasota next Sunday. If you're in the neighborhood, feel free to stop by. The show runs from noon to 6 p.m. on Dec. 14 and the first 100 people through the door get a free swag bag.

If you're reading this blog from somewhere other than Florida, you can check online for listings of indie craft fairs in your area.

+ CRAFT: Craftzine blog
+ Craftster.org
+ ReadyMade

3 comments:

Kim Taylor Kruse said...

Hi Susan! Thanks for commenting. I'm glad you enjoy the blog.

Zu-Li Designs said...

Hi! I'll be at the Atomic Holiday Bazaar with Funky Utopia! Nice to meet you and hope to run into you!

Kim Taylor Kruse said...

Hi Zu-Li! Sorry I didn't run into you at AHB III. I hope you had a great show.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin