Monday, October 03, 2005


Well, finished my first day of work as a "costumer" at Center Stage Costumes and Magic. I had forgotten how taxing it is to work a job where you're on your feet all day! Sheesh. I must be getting old or something.

I ran into my old boss's wife, who looked awfully surprised to see me there. After all, I did quit working for her husband so that I could go to grad school and find a new, better life for myself. Retail? That's a step up from a salaried job with great benefits? Well, not exactly. Just an interim job to keep the lights on at home until I find the right "real" job for me.

I had fun today ogling all the cool costumes -- the place is chock full of them -- but found I got tired pretty quick. I learned that the racks are booby trapped. If you look at one long enough, items plunge to the floor. I swear I spent most of the day picking up costumes, either off the floor or repackaging costumes after customers tried them on. It's really amazing how lazy and inconsiderate some people are. Remind me not to make a career out of retail.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin